Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Crystals Good Bye Poem

Why Do I love Crossfit?
by Crystal Fink


I love Crossfit because it is the only time during the day that the only thing running through my mind is the number of reps I have completed

I love Crossfit because I am competing with myself to go hard, faster, stronger everytime I am there

I love Crossfit because now I can do pull-ups, power cleans, ring dips, and deadlifts and handstand pushups

I love Crossfit because it is a community of people holding you accountable to reach your goals

I love Crossfit because it challenges me physically, mentally and emotionally

I love Crossfit for the pride not only of myself but from my Coach

I love Crossfit because I am in the best shape I have ever been in

I love Crossfit because I will never again have smooth hands, but I will forever have strong calloused hands of an athlete

I love Crossfit because it is the only thing that I have ever done where I have bled, sweat, and felt like dying but never gave up

I love Crossfit for the feeling of nervousness you get right before a WOD

I love Crossfit because no matter what workout you are doing it is NEVER easy

I love Crossfit because I crave it everyday… yes I am addicted

I love Crossfit for those first 30 seconds after you have completed the WOD and you know that you have given all of yourself

I love Crossfit for the RX next to my name

I love Crossfit for the bonds that I have created with my Coaches, my fellow athletes and my students that will last forever no matter what Coast I am on.


Thank you for being a part of my Crossfit community. A special thanks Coach Scott for completely changing my life both on a fitness level and personal level. He introduced me to Crossfit and helped fuel my love and passion for it. I wouldn’t be here without you. Also a huge thanks to Corey for being a great coach as well as taking me on as a Coach at Mercer Island Crossfit. This last year has been amazing and I am going to miss everyone so much!
With love, respect, and gratitude,

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment